Routes to Market in Africa: A Zambian Business Club and MINSOUTH Workshop
February 27 @ 12:30 pm - 4:30 pm
“Routes to Market in Africa: A Zambian Business Club and MINSOUTH Workshop” will be an interactive event. There is opportunity in general discussions for individual professionals or senior representatives from organisations to discuss their commercial experiences relevant to the workshop. Rather than a ‘business profile’ this would be short remarks relevant to the workshop theme.
- How do you approach doing business in Africa or move into new markets on the continent?
- How do you address the operational risks impacting your business? How do you design effective controls for these risks?
- Have you faced challenges navigating new markets?
The scope of the workshop is to consider the following:
- Basics of risk management
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and financial sanctions
- Anti-bribery risks
- Political risks
- Operational and logistical risks
- Legal and regulatory risks
- Cultural risks
- Documentation risks (including LIBOR changes)
- Protection of intellectual property
- Trade finance risks (including Brexit challenges)
- Cyber-security risks
- Operational resilience
The session will offer high-level content relevant to a range of sectors, including large corporates, SMEs and not-for-profit organisations. The workshop, relevant to various business lines (front line, enterprise risk and compliance, internal audit), is designed to stimulate discussion during the sessions with the sharing of relevant experiences ̶ good and bad.
The workshop especially welcomes senior professionals or investors with an interest in Zambia / Southern Africa and the extractive sectors although the workshop is open to anyone and will have direct relevance to any African country or industry sector.
Whilst the workshop is free to attend, numbers are limited and registration is required. Please go to https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/routes-to-market-in-africa-a-zambian-business-club-and-minsouth-workshop-tickets-92071485291 before February 22 to register.