If you are interested in learning more about the latest developments and innovations in the mining industry, you might want to check out these upcoming lectures hosted by MinSouth, the London-based branch of the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining. These lectures are free and open to anyone who wants to attend, but you need to register in advance to secure your spot. Here are the links to the lectures:
- 8 February 2024, British Tunelling Society – MinSouth Joint Lecture at ICE 1 Great George Street London UK. Hong Kong TMCLK – Innovations and Challenges for Subsea Tunnels
- 14 March 2024, Young Person’s Lecture Competition, MinSouth Heat in South Kensington London at the RSM building. This is a chance for young professionals and students to showcase their communication skills and knowledge of mining-related topics. The winner of this heat will go on to compete in the SE regional heat and possibly beyond.
- 11 April 2024, Aberdeen Minerals Lecture at the Counting House on Cornhill in London. This lecture will be given by Fraser Gardiner, CEO of Aberdeen Minerals about exploration for copper-nickel prospects in Northeastern Scotland.
- 9 May 2024, Women in Mining UK – MinSouth Joint Lecture at the IoM3 office at 297 Euston Road in London UK.
- 13 June 2024, MinSouth Prestige Lecture at the IoM3 office at 297 Euston Road in London UK. Ed Sides, Chairperson (PERC Standard) will be speaking at this Prestige Lecture, the annual highlight of the MinSouth lecture series.
We hope you will join us for these informative and engaging lectures, and keep in touch with us as we update these links with more details about the topics, venues and registration process.